View Single Post
Old 05-06-22, 03:56 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5227 Post(s)
Liked 3,599 Times in 2,353 Posts
took a dark spin around the Assabet perimeter roads, at dusk, last night. dumb-dumb decided he didn't need lights. I did have a cpl marker type lights that use only watch batteries. better than nothing I guess. but riding thru water in near darkness was spooky to say the least. after 45-55 minutes, by time I got back to my car, it was completely dark. would have been OK if I did it all an hour earlier. but I picked up the MTB from the shop, after work, then had to swap on the summer tires. but when I got home with the bike, I put my feet up on the couch for a good 20 minutes. yada yada yada shudda brought lights. good news is the wheel hub service & new drivetrain components feel great & I had no trouble hill climbing & zero sign of chain suck. even tried cleated pedals / shoes on the MTB for the first time. I might just keep them but not 100% sure I want to deal with them & cleaning them in sand or mud

the FEMA bunker was a welcome lit-up oasis

Last edited by rumrunn6; 05-06-22 at 11:01 AM.
Likes For rumrunn6: