urbanknight
Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked 1,235 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by Cramic
You were using your anecdotal experience as evidence that cars do not toot at tractors and do at cyclists and this because they’re bullies. I would bet my last dollar that if the tractor behaved inconsiderately (say two driving side by side at a passing point) they would get tooted at.

I used hypothetical examples of an ever slowing cyclist as a thought experiment to demonstrate everybody will lose patience at some point. You’ve latched on a bit over zealously to the stopped cyclist.

And the OP isn’t claiming evidence of anything, just describes a situation in which he felt it appropriate to tell a cyclist off.

I’m not doubting some drivers get on the horn when they shouldn’t, when they haven’t seen the reason you’re cycling “inconsiderately”, nor that some drivers, like some cyclists, are simply just knobs.

But the OP describes a situation in which a cyclist was unnecessarily inconveniencing others and was right to tell him off.
I get your strawman and anecdotal argument, but still feel that you're taking the OP's word that the cyclist was doing something wrong for granted. Like I mentioned, too many people just assume that the person holding them up or blocking their path is doing so for some cartoonish nefarious reason. Just as many cyclists seem to think cars almost hitting them are somehow playing some kind of real life GTA game. It just isn't logical than any more than a few outlying punks would do such a thing. Is it not possible (or even probable) that the OP just didn't see the reason the cyclist wasn't all the way over?