Old 05-07-22, 06:50 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2347 Post(s)
Liked 5,236 Times in 1,835 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
My question for all:
Is ranking bikes more a function of frame/fork characteristics or the touch components that make it fit & feel & ride perfect for one's style of riding?
edit: ...and the tire differences.

Or the drivetrain... many folks' rankings show 8/9/10/11 speed - that surely changes the overall impression, esp for a classic race type bike that may get rated on speed, or ability to hang with the A level rides.
For me it really is what joy it gives me on the road, how it feels during the ride. Everything else is secondary. I will say as I downsized a bunch over the last couple of years I have tended to keep the more modern setups. Not really as a goal but I think each time I thought about what to sell age, and body issues came into play. Knees are jacked although they still don't bother me riding. But I worry about them now and figure more gears and spinning is safer for them. Then with the separated shoulder now compromised it bugs me while riding sometimes so I guess less reaching for ST shifters maybe better. And then I've noticed when the jacked up joint in my left thumb is bothering me I like to keep pressure off it while riding. So there too, shifting away from lot of DT use. Of course now I've got arthritis in other finger joints so more to consider I guess.