View Single Post
Old 05-08-22, 08:00 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3482 Post(s)
Liked 1,480 Times in 1,155 Posts
I cropped the only photo I have of my patched Eno hammock tarp to highlight the tarp. This is from my canoe trip this past Oct in BWCA in Northern Minnesota. Much too high to sleep on the ground, but I wanted it for a day to sit under, cook under, etc., while it rains outside. The lines on it were included with it, I only needed to add my own stakes. Pitched lower with a ground cloth it would work great for tarp camping. I do not sleep in hammocks, but that is what it was designed for so it would work great for that too.

The tent in the foreground is my late 90s vintage REI NiteLite tent that is too heavy for backpacking and I have retired it from bike touring due to weight, but it is great on a canoe trip were weight is unimportant. I still used it for bike touring when I toured Iceland where it can get quite windy. It worked great in the wind there.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: