Old 05-09-22, 05:54 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 644 Times in 438 Posts
It would seem that most of us - BF riders who classify themselves as 'gravel' riders because we ride 'gravel' type surfaces and with bikes between the 'road' and 'mtb' idioms, ride mixed surfaces.
Certainly there are riders who might live on a dirt road and their tires can go round without touching 'pavement/tarmac/concrete' for an entire ride, but most cover 'mixed' surface.
It's a great story (as are all bike rides) which rarely gets play in the online forums. Sometimes a pic or 2, but rarely a whole 'story'.
I very much enjoyed @Noonievut 's post/story in words, fully enjoying put my own metal images to the sections.
But I would also enjoy having a poster's images in place with the verbal imagery of the story.
It's rarely done and really the locus and focus of our rides, the equipment, the 'feel' of what we experience.
It would be great to have a 'Thread' - sticky thread - devoted to 'A Ride Story'. Something which brings across the ride, the feel, the experience, in words and maybe 5 or 6 images, and whatever else fits/helps.
A 'Short Story', done for gravel riding. 'O. Henry' for the bike...
It might not be an easy thing, but when one does something like this, they get to do the 'ride' one more time; in the recollection and the telling. It also focuses the attention more acutely on future rides.
I'll try that for some future ride...
In the meantime...
Hey Mods for CX and Gravel Forum - why not make the "Gravel RIde Pics' a sticky, so it's always up top, for all of us to see, admire, and remind...
Ride On
Yuri
Likes For cyclezen: