Old 05-11-22, 10:41 AM
aplcr0331
Hear myself getting fat

Bikes: Sir Velo A Sparrow

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 134 Posts
This is your social, financial, sexual, mental, and all encompassing bike hobby...not hers. I felt like I was reading a GANTT chart looking at your post. I'm guessing you might overwhelm her a bit with this.

No "trackers". No training...for God's sake, lol. Do all the **** you want to with her bike (I do for my wifes bike) but don't bore her to death by explaining it or even telling her about it. You want to balance her wheels (Jesus) then go do it, she's not going to care about that kind of stuff. Tires? Won't mean a thing to her. Pick a MUP for your first ride with some nice scenery. You're not going to get any Strava KOM's so take this chance to...you know...enjoy some time with your wife. Don't watch her shifts, don't critique her "fit" and all the other crap type-A cyclists do.

Just enjoy the ride.

Most of this crap will works itself out. My one piece of advice for the "serious" cyclist is that unless your wife has already done training and tends to overdo things like we do and cycling is likely to become an obsession for her, just get her an e-bike. I think about cycling, daydream about it, watch races, "train" in the winter, train in the spring, learn about physiology all of it. But my wife likes her Hot Yoga, walking her dog everyday and doing Orange Theory with her sister. She alread is active with her own hobbies. She does like to ride with me or on group rides. But since she doesn't "train" like I do she feels bad being the "slow" one. So I got her an e-bike. Now...no worries she can hop on the bike in the Spring and she keeps up on the flats and motor paces everyone up the climbs. We love it (when we're not tired). She'll enjoy it more if she doesn't feel like a hinderance.

Here's my wifes bike. As long as it works, is charged up, and there's some Purple on it...she's happy.

Good luck, hope you get to enjoy some fun cycling times with your wife.
Likes For aplcr0331: