View Single Post
Old 05-13-22, 05:28 PM
joey buzzard

Bikes: Swift Folder, Haro Vector, Sundeal V1 mini-velo,1991 Peugeot 531 Reynolds road bike with Campy wheels and Ultegra 6600 groupset

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Ozonation
For those of you that have had the opportunity to own and/or ride a variety of folders... how would you compare the ride quality between a Brompton, a Dahon (or that style of fold), a Bike Friday, and say, a mini-velo.

I've ridden a Brompton for almost a decade, and I love the fold and compactness, but lately, I'm feeling it's got just a little a bit too much flex or play. Not awful but it's been more noticeable lately. I'm wondering if a Dahon - particularly the mid-level models - might offer a bit more stiffness with its different fold. I'm interested in a more "supple" (referencing Path Less Pedaled) ride with larger tires, which of course, you cannot get on the Bromptons, but you can on a Dahon, a Bike Friday, or other folders. Lately, I've seen some positive reviews on a mini-velo, like the Velo Orange Neutrino, which seem to offer more latitude in terms of tires, better handling, etc. Also, I'm realizing that for the most part, unless I'm doing a lot of traveling, just the capacity to fold or being smaller to handle as opposed to the smallest fold possible might be sufficient.

Any commentary appreciated. Thanks.
A picture is worth a thousand words.