Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6298 Post(s)
Liked 4,895 Times in 3,370 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I can't find it again, but there's circularity in your reading-- it's not clear that a path is a "road, street, way, thoroughfare or bridge", and I'm not invested enough in this to search MS case law to see how those terms are interpreted.
Originally Posted by livedarklions
The e-bike statute definitely lists multi-use paths separately from roads:
https://advance.lexis.com/documentpa...7-d1fd99d710d6
This part of that you linked?

(7) An electric bicycle may be ridden in places where bicycles are permitted, including but not limited to, streets, highways, roadways, bicycle lanes, and bicycle or multi-use paths. Following notice and a public hearing, a municipality, local authority or state agency having jurisdiction over a bicycle or multi-use path may prohibit the operation of a class 1 electric bicycle or class 2 electric bicycle on that path, if it finds that such a restriction is needed for safety reasons or compliance with other laws or legal obligations.
Nothing in that statement will lead me to believe that just because they further divide up how something that can be ridden on can be categorized, that they all are not covered by the blanket description I previously posted and linked. There still needs to be a specific exception.

I'm not really invested in this either. I've looked before, many times. might be that a legal scholar looking at the Mississippi laws will find them ambiguous and vague concerning their application to bicycles. I only post here because these are what I can easily find and am hoping some other will do the leg work that can convince me otherwise. So I'm not going to go out of my way to disprove any of what I've shown.