View Single Post
Old 05-15-22, 05:06 PM
oik01

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19
You didn't provide info on your background so I'm wondering what kind of cycling experience you have. And, where you are in your fitness. I do not have the cyclist body and am usually 10-15 lbs above cycling weight at the start of a season. So, where I am at the beginning and end of a season makes a big difference in climbing. Just wondering if that's a factor for you too.
Background: Im 34 not naturally fit especially poor aerobic tolerance and a demanding job. Ive been cycling more regularly for two years now. Maybe 4 months of regular training last year but lots of zwift and solo rides otherwise. This year Im getting back into regular training. FTP is somewhere between 210 and 230 is my best estimate but when I do workouts I can usually complete trainerroad with a setting of 230 ftp with minimal incompletes.

Weight: im at a decent weight for me. At my lowest I was maybe 5 pounds less. This is how I look now. I don't think theres that much more than 5 pounds I can lose and it will be tough to take them off for me.

regardless of experience I just don't understand why I would need that much power. And im finding it hard to believe that both the right power-meter, the left, and the indoor trainer are all wrong on their readings. Its frustrating me and I don't understand it.