View Single Post
Old 05-16-22, 11:38 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18586 Post(s)
Liked 16,070 Times in 7,543 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
We grabbed the twin from one of the kids' rooms at the house. No box spring! The TV is an old one that was sitting on the floor of our guest room for some reason, and my wife wanted it gone. Rent for this place is $2,000/month which was the cheapest we could find for a safe place with no more than a 3-month lease. He also has to pay for his other apartment at $1,200/month. We told him he would just have to suck it up as part of the cost of his degree. Fortunately, the internship pays well.
There was a delay in delivering my mattress. For the first couple of weeks I slept on the floor. Fortunately, it was carpeted, and there was a large, oval throw rug on top of that in the "living room." One main room, separate kitchen and bathroom.

Thing is, he may end up having a really fun summer. Despite the amount of time I spent studying my first year, I still had fun. And then I got a summer job in Alcoa's law department after my first year. $900/week was like hitting the lottery to me. I no longer had to count every penny. My only other job prospect was an hour bus ride way and paid $7/hr. I was on such a limited budget my first year I didn't have money to eat out or buy "decadent" food. When I started at Alcoa I had to take a physical. My total cholesterol was 118. The company doctor told me if it had been much lower they would have been worried about liver disease. I told him I had "poor man's disease."