View Single Post
Old 05-16-22, 03:37 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,022 Times in 665 Posts
You have an enviable collection of bikes @JaccoW . I am mesmerized by the Koga-Miyata gravel/camper/bikepacker. There is a lot going on there. Three water bottles. That would have to be a custom frame bag. Did you make it? It even fits around the frame pump! I don't recognize the saddle. It looks leather. And I see that you have a shifter on your seat tube? Was that for a bottom bracket generator? Or is the brifter an issue with a what looks like a big change from your small to big chainring?

I am liking this whole fender thread. I just put a pair of Planet Bike Cascadia fenders on the Lampert and took it out for a ride.

The fenders went on easily enough. I took an unusual (for me) short cut with the chainstay bridge mount and just used a zip tie since there is no hole in the bridge tube. It seems to work just fine and contour of the fender centers the fender between the chainstays. The ride didn't go as well. I still have some minor issues to work out. Fenders were good, the rear axle was the problem. The threads are not doing well.

Originally I thought that it would be good to put some vintage Bluemels on this old English frame. I had a pair somewhere, but after a few moves, they may be gone. The new Bluemels by SKS, don't seen the same as the old ones from the pictures that I see. They may actually be better, I don't know. To me, the Planet Bike Cascadia seem similar to the old Bluemel design. My Schwinn Traveler has a pair of Cascadia fenders and they have been doing well. So, this and the fact that they are fairly light weight, quiet and installation went well last time, led me to get these fenders for this bike.

Last edited by Velo Mule; 05-16-22 at 03:52 PM.
Likes For Velo Mule: