View Single Post
Old 05-18-22, 09:18 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8330 Post(s)
Liked 9,148 Times in 4,517 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Got called an Ass hole this morning. Wasn’t even going to bring it up but I’m still upset about it.

On the MUP this morning, and this guy is walking his dog. Pretty normal, except he is in the grass on one side of the mup and his dog is in the trees on the opposite side of the mup. The leash was stretched straight across like a close line.

I called approaching, No response, so I then scream passing left. He couldn’t even get his dog reeled in. I had to basically come to a complete stop, and he calls me an ass hole. All I said, “if a collision was going to happen I’m hitting you and not your dog”.

The world is more populated than ever in history and people still walk around like they are the only ones in it.

500 feet later I come up on a group of elderly taking up the whole path. Got the deer in the headlights while they can’t figure out what to do.

Keep in mind, this is a designated “Bike path”. Bike path was the intent, not bird watcher path, not let my dogs run free path.

anyways it’s only May, it will get worse.
I rode on the path today but the one I ride is pretty good most of the time. I did have a couple times where I had to avoid mayhem. I encountered a friend who was on her way home from a hammerfest with some friends. It was great to see her.

On the last section I was passed by an e-bike, one of the huge ones that look like a motorcycle with 2 big rear view mirrors and the guy sat straight up and was wearing a striped vest like highway workers wear. Anyway I decided to chase him and get on his wheel, just to see what it was like. He must have been limited to 21mph because he couldn't escape. I stayed back in case he did something weird and he eventually turned off.

No one called me names but I gave them the chance.