Old 05-19-22, 02:52 PM
beng1
Banned

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 195 Posts
Originally Posted by smd4
Come on now...You may have blown them off, but did you blow by them? Maybe when they were stopped by the side of the road enjoying the view and a sip of water? Because your Huffy isn't geared anywhere near what a top-end racing bike is. It may not even be competitive with a good mountain bike. Might as well tell me you "blew off" a Ferrari in your 1966 stock VW bug.
??? It has the standard 14-28 rear freewheel that almost every ten-speed bike ever made has, and it has a 52-tooth big chainwheel on the front, so you do the math. I usually ride around town on the big front chainwheel and I think the 19-tooth wheel in back, which is 8th gear. That is good for 19.2mph at 88rpm at the pedals, and you have two gears higher than that to go...... These are my calculations for 8th gear I made one day last year after I did a 12.5 mile lap of one old time-trial course at 19.2mph and wanted to see what my pedal rpm was Typo in the below figures is the 84" wheel diameter, it is supposed to be Circumfrence;

Last edited by beng1; 05-24-22 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Correcting Typo