View Single Post
Old 05-19-22, 08:19 PM
zen_

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
Ehh...I disagree with this recommendation. I had a Dice 50 and found the battery life to be very poor - esp after a couple years of light use. And 50 lumens is not much for daytime use. As for the headlight: 150 lumens is pretty weak -- not bright enough to be highly visible in daylight, and not bright enough to see well at night.

A Cygolite tail light with at least 100lm is a good starting point, and a headlight with at least 400lm is a good all purpose choice.
YMMV with the durability of any electronic device, but I have not noticed any drop off with the Dice 50 TL from two years of heavy use. I still use the 150 HL regularly as a day light commuting, or a jersey pocket backup for rides later in the day, or very long rides as a primary backup since it's so small and lightweight. The single pulse day modes also seem to offer extremely good visibility because the lens is effective. Not that it should matter, but it does matter because we like our bikes to look good, they look sleek on the bike, too.