Old 05-22-22, 05:08 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4506 Post(s)
Liked 4,194 Times in 2,808 Posts
Originally Posted by jccaclimber
The issue is that the manufacturer changed ownership and decided to stop selling them.
The limited remaining NOS parts available in the second hand market are priced in a way that you might as well just buy new pedals.

Given their cost vs complexity, aftermarket Speedplay compatible parts are nothing new.

I don’t use OEM cables, housing, tubes, bar tape, or handle bars on the occasion that I replace them. People often also swap brands of brake pads and bottom brackets. While I understand this is slightly different, it isn’t that different. I see it more akin to buying a Microshift or SRAM part for an item Shimano has chosen to discontinue. I’m not going to replace my entire drivetrain because I can’t buy 9sp Ultegra cassettes at my LBS.

Ebay used to be full of what the OP seeks.
You missed what was posted and you missed what I wrote I think. Swapping to different stuff is fine but the title was explicit knockoff Chinese cleats not is there another brand of cleats or something.

Originally Posted by Radish_legs
What is sad is a company buying Speedplay and choosing not to support Speedplay's userbase and products. That's what is sad.
That does also suck but explicitly looking for cheap knockoffs is not a good thing at all and quite sad. If you had said it differently it would be more sensible. Like "hey Speedplay got bought out and my cleats are discontinued is there a good aftermarket cleat source or should I start looking for new pedals. I contacted the company and they said cleats are no more."