Dan333SP
Serious Cyclist

Bikes: Emonda SL6

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5721 Post(s)
Liked 261 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
Don't read more into it than what I wrote. No, I did not buy the bike. The owner lives in an apartment complex. I rode it there.

That may be. It's still lighter than my (2006) Roubiax. But in case it hasn't occurred to some people, I'm looking at a 20+ year old bike because it is outside of my means to go and spend $8-10k on a snazzy new CF bike. But if you like throwing around the Benjamins I'm not above accepting donations.
You said you're looking for a bike to use in triathlons and it sounds like you're trying to spend under $1,000, right? You don't have to look at 20 year old bikes to make that work, TT/Tri bikes seem to be a little insulated from the insanity of general used road bike prices. Just poking around some FB groups, I'm seeing things like a Cervelo P3 for $1k in pretty good shape with far newer components, a P2 for $750, etc. No idea what size you're looking at but unless you have a fetish for unusual Treks, you're going to be paying way too much for that thing that will be a compromised solution with parts that may be difficult to replace due to the bike's age.