View Single Post
Old 06-03-22, 03:19 PM
seedsbelize2

Bikes: 79 Trek 930 is back on the road, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3285 Post(s)
Liked 1,899 Times in 1,198 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Last year, after I'd gotten down to the neighborhood of 200 lbs and kept it off for a while, I got new pants in a smaller waist size. They fit!!! Then I saw Louis Garneau FitSensor 2 bibs on sale. I figured I'd gone down a size, so I bought 2 pair of L, vs the XL I'd been wearing for years.

Turns out, the L bibs have SIGNIFICANTLY shorter legs. So short, in fact, that I cannot wear them to ride outside. Think "women's shorts" length. They're relegated to Zwfting. This is too bad, because otherwise they fit fine and do a good job keeping everything in place.
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Started a ride this afternoon, and a little over 2 miles in started feeling light headed, hot and clammy. Since I’ve been having some BP swings (cardio appt is Wed.), I rode back and called it.

Went bike shopping on the way home though, and got to ride an Emonda Di2 in my size, but it was last years model with 11 speed. Sold on the e-shift! Problem is the new ones are showing December delivery dates. ☹️ The other problem is getting spousal approval. ☹️
But your spouse doesn't work(for the man). Easy peasy.
Edit: I only quoted Mojo1. Gj snuck in on his own.

Last edited by seedsbelize2; 06-03-22 at 03:23 PM.