View Single Post
Old 06-06-22, 04:00 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3343 Post(s)
Liked 2,185 Times in 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
You can go back to the OP all you want. 30+ pounds is way too heavy for any touring bike.

I responded to the "real" touring bikes weigh 30 pounds, I should have said hogwash.
Kind of a dogmatic statement. At least 6 or more of the posts here are from people who have old school touring bikes - I.E. racks, fenders, etc... and all weigh 30 - 35+ lbs. Obviously these folks all seem to tour and without issue about the weight of the bike. So stating that 30 lbs is too heavy is kind of silly. Heavy for you, is all that matters and good for you. Many folks as well do not feel it necessary to invest a lot of cash into the very lightweight minimal camping gear needed to keep the load weight down, and that stuff IS expensive, but as many find, they can get away without spending that. And FWIW, a Trek 520 might be the most common production touring bike you can find. It weighs 29 lbs with the racks. It's certainly of the old school design and is one a lot of people end up buying.