Old 06-07-22, 07:25 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
"Doing it wrong" sums it up better. Well, if you're interested in performance, at least.
^This^

Originally Posted by WhyFi
If absurdly high pressure is what you prefer - you do you. If you think that it's faster - you're objectively wrong.
And ^this^
Originally Posted by smd4
Never said I was a racer. Tires at that pressure are plenty fast. And responsive. And less cushy.
You're confused.
Originally Posted by smd4
You do realize “smaller contact patch” = less friction = less rolling resistance?
More confused.

Originally Posted by skidder
I just look at the sidewall of the tire and see what the manufacturer has imprinted on it. Currently running 700x32 tires and I pump them up to the recommended 80 psi max. I used to run 700x28 that had a max rating of 110 psi.
How much do you weigh? Do you think tire pressure might be related in some way to rider weight? Would you pump the tires of a 100lb rider to the same pressure as those of a 250lb rider? You just blindly went for the max pressure because...? 28mm tires at 110psi? You are genuinely confused.

You guys that think high pressure is fast because 'it feels fast' just don't get it. What you're feeling is the very definition of rolling resistance. If you're feeling every little bump and bit of texture it's because the bike AND you are going up and down. Not as efficient as if the bike AND you weren't going up and down. 'Feels' count for very little here, we're dealing with physics. Which are known as the LAWS of physics.
Likes For cxwrench: