Old 06-10-22, 01:00 AM
childcarepro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Swytch Air

Originally Posted by mlau
Personally, I think the A line would serve you well. FWIW, I have a Swytch kit on my M6R. I ordered the air upgrade for my bike, so that I can better use it with my front basket (and maybe fold better).
I'm super pumped about the Swytch. My wife keeps saying we don't need e-bikes because we ride for pleasure and for exercise. But our hilly rides have been horrible (Electra Townie 7i Balloon) and keeps us from riding more than we would. So we would only use it on the uphills.

But that makes me think… if I only need the Swytch for hills, maybe I don't need the 7-8 lb Swytch at all with a different setup. I might just need a 3 or 4-speed derailleur setup + manual dual chainring for steep hills. Not just that, but also changing from a 37-lb cruiser w/ 7-speed internal gear hub (6% drivetrain loss, I've heard), 60mm wide balloon tires at 40 psi (very high rolling resistance) to a 20-lb Brompton w/ 3x2 speed derailleur and 35mm wide tires at 100 psi (very low rolling resistance).

I guess if the bike change and gearing upgrades work out on hills, in addition to a couple of rear wheels w/ Sturmey-Archer BWR hubs, I'll also have a couple of Swytch kits to sell! That oughta make my wife happy!