View Single Post
Old 03-04-06, 09:57 AM
Deanster04

Bikes: Cinelli Supercoursa 69, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Mondonico Diamond Extra 05, Coors Light Greg Lemond (built by Scapin) 88, Scapin MTB, Stumpjumper 83, Specialized Stumpjumper M4, Lemond Poprad 2001

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
You could take it to your LBS and watch them make the adjustment once (worth the $25 or so you will pay) then you would be set for future changes. You might have to have longer cables and housing for the changes. The LBS should have double sided ferrules where you can add short lengths of cable without haveing to buy a whole new cable.
I have a number of bikes with drops. Traditionally I have used a severe seat to stem height, but with my age 63 I am needing to move to comfortable positions to be able to ride long distances. It is working and my hands and elbows don't hurt any more. I am even experimenting with a flat bar with aero bar attachments for very long distances. Don't be afraid to experiment. Nothing is worse than riding in pain especially when you aren't getting paid the big bucks.
And make friends with you LBS. If you are a customer you can get some great advice from a good mechanic.