View Single Post
Old 06-11-22, 10:00 PM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,494 Times in 496 Posts
Just got my new, 215mm, monocoque handlepost and Litepro handlebar with 120mm rise from Aliexpress yesterday. Swapping them in was a sinch and went without issue. The bike folds perfectly well with the steering assembly tucked nicely in between the two halves; the magnet catches the coin with nothing being twisted or snagged.

From the dialing-in ride this morning:

After I spent a few minutes dialing everything in to perfection, I'm now exactly where I want to be on the bike; I'm totally comfortable and the bike's balance and handling are just about perfect. Road feel through the handlebar now is livelier and more vivid than it used to be with the factory two-piece, telescoping handlepost, without being overly intense or jarring. My Mu is getting the same treatment soon; I'm probably going to go with a longer monocoque handlepost so I can just use the factory handlebar, which is both tilted and swept. I have a Litepro flat handlebar that's just that: Flat, with no tilt and a back sweep that's too far back. I tried it for one ride and didn't really care for it.

Last edited by sjanzeir; 06-12-22 at 06:47 PM.
Likes For sjanzeir: