View Single Post
Old 03-04-06, 11:06 AM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
newbie with major BB problem

Hey, Ho! Thought I'd introduce myself. Fairly new 54 year old rider. Completed first century last year and am very eager to try several more this year. I do have a problem that I'm wondering if others can help me with. I did a search, but couldn't find an answer (could be because I don't know much about searching).

In any event, I've got a full carbon bike with and FSA Octlink carbon craknset in it. While I was away on a trip, my motorcycle mechanic son thought he would surprise me and overhaul my bike to get it ready for this season. When I got home he told me he thinks he stripped the bottom bracket. He went out and bought a bottom bracket removal tool and said he was able to get the non-drive side out, but was unable to get the drive side out. What he then showed me makes me sick to think about. The drive side with tool in place can be spun in either direction, but does not come off. Is there any hope in this situation, or am I looking at needing a new bike. Oh, when everything is put back together it seem to work fine with no play. I tried it on the trainer for about an hour last night with no problem. If it's safe to ride on the road this way, how many miles might I be looking at before it wears out (it has about 4,000 on it now.) Any help would be very appreciated!