Old 06-15-22, 02:55 PM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse x2, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1992 Post(s)
Liked 1,504 Times in 1,043 Posts
Originally Posted by 2seven0
2 main obstacles to cross are SNA & the 55. If you don't want to go too far south to PCH here is my preferred rout E to W:

Exit at Moffet. West to Tustim Ranch Rd. South to Warner. Right on Warner past the blimp hangars. Left on Armstrong to Barranca. West on Barranca to Red Hill. South on Red Hill to Main. Right on Main under the 55 it will curve to the North. Be careful the pavement is a little ratty under the fwy. On weekends there is little traffic you may want to wait for a gap. Immediate left on Sunflower. Going past the South Coast Plaza isn't too bad early morning on weekends before most stores open. You can take Sunflower all the way to the SART but I prefer to turn up Hyland to MacArthur then left up the sidewalk path to the SART entrance.
Weekday commute mornings would be more crowded with commuter traffic on Main/Sunflower but since I'm not retired yet I don't ride mid=week.
Check it out on Google Maps.
WEst
Thank you. Is there a reason you don't take Tustin Ranch Road south until it becomes Von Karman Avenue, then turn right on Main Street? Either way, this sounds like a route I can try on an early weekend morning, before South Coast Plaza opens, and asks my wife (or call Uber XL) to come get me at some point. Taking SART north is mostly uphill, right?