Old 06-18-22, 05:21 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by saddlesores
maybe cause there's no specific definition of "touring." ......and not dissuade, but rather put a little more effort into considering the end use before purchasing.

touring means different things to different folkses, not all "touring" bikes are suitable for the type of "touring" the "tourist" is going to "tour." rando touring isn't loaded touring isn't credit card touring isn't expedition touring isn't bike-a-packing isn't tour de francing.

best to get some experience, try out different methods, different loads...........before spelunking down $3500 on a custom crabon expedition touring rig with all the belts and thistles.

rushing out to buy the super-light crabon with no rack mounts and 35-130" gearing........cause the sales-hipster says it what all the hep cats are riding...........when you really wanna do 4-bagger touring in the himalayas?

'cause it just might end up a piece of basement-dwelling static performance art only viewed during midnight micturation movements.
Very well said.

I met this gal (below) during my last tour, she got off an airplane in Toronto, and I met her on the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia. She was having a great time on her hybrid with light weight camping gear.