Old 06-20-22, 07:57 AM
Hondo6

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked 701 Times in 473 Posts
Originally Posted by Ilovemyride
I am seeing this forum is made up of brainless zombies that can not think for themselves or maybe just bots .
Calling people you've asked for help - and who in some cases are experts in the field of bicycle repair - "brainless zombies" after they've offered advice is not exactly the best strategy to "make friends and influence people".

I come here probably like most just asking for friendly advice. I don't claim to know everything like some people giving not needed comments
Hey, you're the one who asked for advice. You got advice - from in many cases people with literally years or decades of expertise in the field. The fact that you don't like their advice isn't their issue. Rather, the fact that you don't like their advice is your issue. Don't blame others if you asked for their advice but don't like the advice they gave.

MY HANDLEBARS retail valve when new 795.00 .... so no .
I'm sure they're nice bars. But their original list price is irrelevant.

Above, I'm pretty sure you said they're largely constructed from carbon fiber. Carbon fiber repair is often if not generally best left to experts. If you continue, unless you have the requisite expertise you may cause concealed damage to the underlying carbon fiber structure of those bars (or to the bonding of the metal mount to the bars). If that causes a hidden crack or separation leading to later bar/mount failure at 20+ MPH that results in a spill . . . well, I think the resulting damage to you and your bike just might cost a bit more than a replacement set of bars. That's assuming either can be repaired, of course.

If it were me, I'd probably (1) get a fairly cheap replacement set of bars for short-term use, and (2) contact a firm specializing in carbon fiber repair for an estimate on repairing your current bars. But it's your bike, and your life. You make the choice.

Last edited by Hondo6; 06-21-22 at 06:10 AM.