View Single Post
Old 06-20-22, 08:40 AM
@johnoliva1

Bikes: '94 Litespeed Ultimate, Litespeed SS, 72 Raleigh Super Course, 73 Raleigh Super Course SS, 81 Panasonic DX2000 chrome, 74 Panasonic Sport modded, 86' Mongoose ATB Chrome modded, 97 Specialized Stumpjumper modded

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by RichSPK
How are you mounting your tail lights? Do you find any drawbacks to mounting your headlights at the axles?
Hey, I use the Paul Components “Gino” fork light mount, or the Origin 8 version. I often use my bright light down low, and a second headlight on the bars to increase my visibility to drivers. Most lights are designed to be used on the bars, so depending on how dark your area is, it might not be the best to mount it as low as I do. When your whole wheel is illuminated though, people really see you, and for me that’s the point mostly. I haven’t noticed any balancing issues of anything like that. Last thing to say about it, if you mount these on MTB that have eyelets midway down the fork, that’s a great mounting spot and still serves to put the light where it belongs. Cheers - John
Likes For @johnoliva1: