Old 06-26-22, 09:00 PM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I had 24oz of water in the first 20mi, 24oz of Body Armor in the following 15mi, 20oz of Nuun in the next 10mi, then 20oz of water over the last 10mi.

I drank before riding too, obviously. Maybe more sooner?
...or I need to ride with with camelback of picklejuice.
I usually drink one whole bottle shortly before the ride. Typically less than 15 minutes before the ride and then pee right before I left.

I also take a huge meal around 30 minutes before the ride. Mostly rice (high, slow-burn carb) and some meat and cold milk chocolate drink. Many cycling articles advice against eating a huge meal shortly before a ride but it doesn't seem to have any negative effect on me. And that's for a non-stop 60 mile ride in the mountains. I also bring at least three bottles of water, with ~85F riding temps and rice-based fuel food.

The point is if you're rationing food and drink, you probably didn't bring enough. Eat and drink liberally during the ride as long as you don't feel stuffed.

It's probably the fueling and try to avoid standing too often to pedal on climbs long, hard, no stopping rides. It can ruin your pacing. Perhaps, improve your seated climbing with training. Train for higher cadence spinning, and even install smaller gear ratios.