Old 06-27-22, 08:47 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1632 Post(s)
Liked 3,138 Times in 1,698 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
Saturday - Shakedown ride on the new dirt rig (Flint Canyon - Cherry Canyon - 14 mi). This bike is light, fast, and exciting. However, I have some maintenance issues that need to be addressed, including replacement of the BB and headset, and rubbing brakes. The headset is easy enough to do myself, but my multiple attempts to sort out the brakes have only mildly improved their condition. I generally prefer to do all my own bike work, but I need to seek professional help this time. The bike is currently wearing Schwalbe Thunder Burt tires on both ends. They grip better than expected, and I was anticipating needing to change both, but I think I will leave the rear on until it burns out. The front end will get a Schwalbe Racing Ray for a little more tread. This is my first experience with a dropper seatpost - I dig it. Currently, the bike is set up with a Twistloc fork lockout actuator. It will probably get replaced with a simple knob on the top of the fork.

Sunday - Road group ride (So. Pasadena, Arcadia, Duarte, Sierra Madre - 37 mi). Easy tempo with a couple of harder efforts. Fitness is coming back. Nice to be able to get on the bike on back-to-back days.
awesome! nice rig!
Likes For diphthong: