View Single Post
Old 07-10-22, 09:36 AM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1957 Post(s)
Liked 3,669 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by Pcampeau
Nice! You did buy it. It looks as good as it did in the ad. It also appears to be nicely outfitted, are you keeping it this way or do you have other plans?

Since you previously asked about it’s age, the nearest I can tell with the gold pin striping on the stays, it appears to me like gold was used on 75 and 76 models. I believe 74 GRs with this color scheme had red pin striping on the stays. A close inspection of the catalogs seem to bear this out but catalogs schmatalogs, I can’t say for sure. My black and red GR has red pin striping on the stays and a patent 73 Campagnolo rear derailleur. Sorry about the awkward angle pic, bike is sitting in a tough area behind some other bikes but you get the idea.
I am not sure what I will do with this bike. Two years ago I would have thought it was too big for me.... It would fit 700c by 35s with fenders I'm sure. Maybe even under those fenders, which I love. I'd love to use the rear hub with a 700c rim. I have a dynamo hub waiting to be used that is black which might look good on this bike. The bike is also tall enough that I may be able to with drop bars and my arthritis. Although I always hope that and it never works out. Lastly I have a campy 144 crank with triplizer so I could go old school touring with half step and granny but I would use a front rack and no rear rack.