View Single Post
Old 07-10-22, 10:24 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
I do have to admit that if you ride a DF, blow big bucks on cycling pants with a dead goat skin in them that you have to grease up, you wont squeak when off the bike and walking. I bet you even have fun washing all that grease off.
For the zillionth time, DF riders outnumber bent riders by a factor of thousands. The DF design is perhaps the single most successful mechanical design in human history, adaptable to an incredible number of uses in a broad range of environments. Recumbents are fine at what they do, but they are a relatively expensive, bulky niche product almost exclusively useful only on fairly flat pavement. When you come onto a forum that's overwhelmingly populated by enthusiastic df riders and lecture us about how uncomfortable we are, we know you are full of crap. That might be what's making your seat smell.
I've got no problem with you extolling the virtues of your bent, but if you insist on making stupid ill-informed comparisons to df bikes, expect to be ridiculed.
And, so far I've ridden 135 miles this weekend without any padding in my pants, and I'm just fine. I've got another 35 miles to ride today, no goat skin needed.
Likes For livedarklions: