rydabent
Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked 1,056 Times in 635 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
For the zillionth time, DF riders outnumber bent riders by a factor of thousands. The DF design is perhaps the single most successful mechanical design in human history, adaptable to an incredible number of uses in a broad range of environments. Recumbents are fine at what they do, but they are a relatively expensive, bulky niche product almost exclusively useful only on fairly flat pavement. When you come onto a forum that's overwhelmingly populated by enthusiastic df riders and lecture us about how uncomfortable we are, we know you are full of crap. That might be what's making your seat smell.
I've got no problem with you extolling the virtues of your bent, but if you insist on making stupid ill-informed comparisons to df bikes, expect to be ridiculed.
And, so far I've ridden 135 miles this weekend without any padding in my pants, and I'm just fine. I've got another 35 miles to ride today, no goat skin needed.
But----------------you have to remember the DF bike was invented 130 years ago. Time moves on, and better designs have come into being. With your kind of thinking we would still have coal fired steam engines, and model T cars.

A mountain bike is an improvement over the standard DF road bike for riding off road, and a Bent is an improvement over a DF bike for riding on pavement because of comfort and the view. Time does move on.