Old 07-13-22, 05:31 AM
noimagination

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 446 Times in 258 Posts
Originally Posted by N2deep
Too Funny, Obliviously your definition is constrained, or maybe self-absorbed. What happened to this family was not an accident, it was preventable and to call it an accident is a calloused attempt to divert responsibility.
Please show me where I am "attempt(ing) to divert responsibility". I have no opinion on whether or not the incident described in the original post was an accident or not, and nowhere do I try to show that it was an accident. Also, nowhere do I argue that people causing accidents are not responsible for the results simply because it was an "accident' and not intentional.

If you actually read my original post, I was objecting to the nonsense statement by Daniel4 "The article(s) state that it was an accident, which does not exist." Subsequently, there was the equally nonsensical statement by rydabent "A collision between a car and a bike is never an accident. Someone did something wrong."

I am arguing against people spouting errant nonsense, to whit: that the word "accident" excludes events that are caused by carelessness, inattention and so on. Or, to use your words, that something that is "preventable" is not an accident. This is ignorant baloney, hokum, drivel, balderdash, false, bzzzt, sorry, you are incorrect, please try again.

The very definition of the word, as noted in several citations I listed in a post above, and in common usage, CLEARLY and UNABIGUOUSLY demonstrate that the word "accident" is specifically intended to include events due to carelessness, inattention, and the like.

Res ipsa loquitur.
Likes For noimagination: