View Single Post
Old 07-13-22, 01:12 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10634 Post(s)
Liked 12,267 Times in 6,287 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I keep my left foot clipped and my right foot hits the pavement. Been thst way for years. Can't remember the last time I got a ring mark.
I dismount equally on each side.

A kid I ride with gets multiple ring marks on each ride. She is 17, been road riding for 5 years, and her leg is a mess after each ride. It's an ongoing joke. She gets them before even riding, sometimes.
She rides at least 2000mi each year and is training for an ironman right now, so clearly not a newb. Her left foot unclips at stops.

There is no right or wrong foot to use when stopped. There is no right or wrong side of the bike to mount or dismount. For CX?...sure. But for general riding or road riding?...nope.
I also unclip the right foot, because I'm better at getting my right foot back into the pedal. I am very much NOT ambidextrous, which I guess makes me unidextrous. Both my left hand and my left foot are very clumsy. That, and if you stop by a curb - which are always on the right - you can put a foot on the curb and stay on the saddle when stopped.

I occasionally get the old chainring tattoo, but it washes off with soap - which I will continue to use daily, recommendations to the contrary notwithstanding.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles