View Single Post
Old 07-20-22, 08:39 AM
Flipper_

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
I am kind of in the same place, I currently have a great MTB for real trail use plus this for the gravel rail trails:

I take some issue with the description of Comfort Bikes as actually uncomfortable. I find this bike ridiculously comfortable for up to 1-2 hour rides. There is so much leverage from the Handlebars that you can actually over torque yourself out of the seat and push pretty hard in a weird kind of upright-row motion and regular cruising allows quite a bit of wattage, if you want, to be applied with a nice upper body component. I couldn't speak to comfort past that amount of time but you can see the seat is pretty plush. The bike was 430 dollars originally so it fits the mold of cheap, heavy, aluminum and bottom notch components but works quite well. Aerodynamics are predictably brick-like. Seems like the current Spec Crossroads/Roll are similarly configured, plenty of other options out there as well.

That said, I'm looking for a different bike for these trails so I can go a bit faster, maybe pass people on mountain and comfort bikes every once in a while.