I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,580 Times in 1,067 Posts
Originally Posted by greatbasin
This is a screen-grab from Not Just Bikes latest video on trains in Switzerland. He was reveling in how civilized this scene it compared to people traveling in the US and Canada and being stuck in traffic in their individual cars.
Why didn't he compare the train scene to people traveling in Switzerland being stuck in traffic in their individual cars? Did he think that nobody in Switzerland drives their own car? I suspect that some of them even partake in products with sugar and caffeine too.
https://www.iamexpat.ch/expat-info/s...itzerland-2021
Extract:
In 2021, the Federal Roads Office (FEDRO) recorded 32.481 hours' worth of traffic jams on Swiss roads and motorways.

After a significant slump recorded in 2020, mainly due to COVID lockdowns, FEDRO said that traffic levels in 2021 were some of the worst it has ever recorded. In all, 32.481 hours' worth of jams were detected across the whole 12 months.

This means that, on average, there were 40 separate traffic jams every day lasting longer than two hours. In some areas, such as passes through the Swiss mountains, traffic jams stretched for up to 15 kilometres, especially during the school holidays.