View Single Post
Old 07-23-22, 05:36 PM
timsch

Bikes: Schwinn Paramount Series 9C PDG, Specialized Enduro Pro (2002)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by sdn40
Unless I had money to burn - I would look at that frame and say, "damn, this thing has aged well" despite my not giving it the love it deserves. Cool, unique, and time has certainly not passed it by. Then I would renew my efforts to maintain it and look to upgrade what is attached to it. But that's me. I love that design. Tear it down. Give the frame and components a good cleaning. Hit the frame with some polishing compound and fall in love all over again. And if you're into this sort of thing - that bike all cleaned up will get looks and conversation starters more than most new bikes.

I'd probably start with a wheelset that further accentuates the frame if the dropout spacing allows
Sounds good. I'm definitely not getting rid of it. I'll give it some TLC and look into some other components. When were some of the bigger improvements in wheelsets introduced? I see sets going for pretty incredible amounts. I'd imagine I'll pick up another more modern bike when a good deal comes up, and if it's not all that, sell it for what I paid.