cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked 721 Times in 482 Posts
Originally Posted by MrLuke
But many friends doing here around 23-24mph on road bikes(solo rides) but they are slower on MTB than me. I still have 3 spacers under stem but stem is upside down so a bit lower than standard. Maybe because of lower position some different parts of muscles have to develop?
If, for real, your friends do 23-24 solo, for a full ride - fitness and power are NOT the issue...
quite some many years back, I visited a friend in VT. He took me for an MTB ride (suspension forks had just become 'THE Thing'). It was the ride from hell... Took on some knarly stuff I'd never ridden before...and dusted me. After, he asked " I thought you once were a Cat 2 racer? What gives?" I told him, I haven't ridden mtb much and never what he took me through, and it was my 1st pass, he rides the same frequently. I told him " A Crit or road race is much longer, harder for power and speed, but no where near as crazy, dangerous as his ride... LOL!" Survival is Project 1.
Speed Skating and Hockey are both done on ice, with skates, but they're both completely different games.
Same with bikes
Ride On'Yuri
Likes For cyclezen: