View Single Post
Old 07-24-22, 12:37 AM
bikeNaround

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
White Industry has a 5 year warranty: https://www.whiteind.com/wp-content/...urn-Policy.pdf

(I don't know how long you have had yours, but I would bring this to their attention.)
Originally Posted by sapporoguy
Have you contacted White Industries? I have found bike-gear companies almost universally eager to make things right, even when years out of warranty and with no obligation to do so.
The shop mechanic where I bought the bike was not going to be back until Sunday so I plan on taking the wheel in to show him tomorrow. Now, for some information that I hadn't yet provided. This hub failure was the second time the exact same thing happened. The first time was around 10,000 miles. The bike shop contacted WI and WI agreed to warranty the hub. The rim was in good shape so WI sent the bike shop a new hub and the bike shop built up my repaired wheel with a new hub using my old rim and charged me the wheel building rate - not great but I had a zero time hub which had brand new bearings so I was good with that especially since the hub was around 6 years old at the time of the first failure. Now with at least 21,000 miles on the rim, I'm a little hesitant to put any money or effort into a second repair but maybe if they will repair it again I could keep the wheel a spare which wouldn't be a bad thing since I have no spare wheels for the tandem. Going from memory, for the first failure I believe I first contacted WI directly and they weren't receptive to warranting my hub. It wasn't until I had the bike shop submit the hub for warranty on my behalf that they were willing to agree to a replacement. So, I'm not too hopeful that I'll get any assistance from WI this time around but you never know until you ask. I'll report back what kind of response I get when I show them this second failure.