Old 07-24-22, 08:48 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4329 Post(s)
Liked 1,404 Times in 981 Posts
Originally Posted by timtak
It matters to me, to Robie and others who want to ride harder more aggressively. Not Robbie, but maybe they have a belly to lose.
That's different than a blanket claim that "it's more important to amateurs".

I am not implying, but stating quite clearly, that aerodynamics is less important for those riding in group races, where riders often (not always) ride pelotons and sometimes (not never, not always, but far far less) ride in breakaways, than for myself because I am ALWAYS riding in a breakaway of ONE. I am always riding in a time trial.
And then you accuse me of being deranged for saying that they do not always ride in pelotons.

I would like some data though. Looking at this tour with about 140 there were some breakaways in most stages, mainly of a few riders, which means that even in the breakaway they were often riding in an aero line. So they ride solo of maybe 2% or less than 5% of their time? I always ride solo 100% of the time.
You ignore that they ride solo and keep going back to them riding in pelotons because the issue of them riding solo is inconvenient for you.

It's like arguing that aerodynamics isn't important to them because, most of the time, their bikes are in storage not moving. It doesn't matter what percentage they ride solo.

There is huge amount of time and money and opportunity costs behind in making that "small percentage" as effective as possible. None of that is true for your 100% of the time riding kinda-slowly solo for entertainment. But that's inconvenient for your "argument". So, you just keep ignoring it.

Last edited by njkayaker; 07-24-22 at 09:19 AM.