Old 07-25-22, 08:20 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8326 Post(s)
Liked 9,137 Times in 4,515 Posts
Originally Posted by timtak

My thin 21 year old student went into a bike shop and was served a parachute bike.

What is Robbie's bike? It looks like a Tarmac. Cobb is putting the bars a lot further down. It works for me, Cobb and Robbie, but not for those posting to this forum.

Recently I read about someone, on the forum, who got so low to their bars that their nose might hit it. I tried that this morning and it seemed to be really good advice!
Maybe your student should have asked for your advice?

I don't know what Robbie is on but it doesn't really matter if he can achieve the position he desires.

I think most of us understand the role of aerodynamics with regard to speed. We know a flat back will give the best results. The question is does it matter to most of us? It doesn't to me partly because I cannot achieve the flat back position. Never have, and now at 68 I am less flexible than ever.
I think recreational riders rarely get the flat back position and I think most of them don't care.

I also think the other posters here understand position more than you give them credit for and most of the crap they are giving you is about the Frankenbike you posted earlier.