Old 07-27-22, 07:01 AM
TennBent

Bikes: BMC Roadmachine, Obed Baseline

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 22 Posts
I'm coming back to update my previous post. It had been a while so, for giggles, I decided to do a search for BMC Roadmachine THREE for sale. Well, I'll be ding-danged. I actually got a hit. They showed it in stock in the size that I needed. They had a live chat feature so I utilized it to make sure that actually was the case. Turns out that they had 11 of these in stock along with several other models!! The guy said that they had only recently become a BMC dealer and that BMC had allocated a large number of bikes to them to help establish their presence as a dealer and also allowed them to ship bikes to buyers outside of their market area. Now I know where all the BMCs went! He also said that they were already told that when these were gone, there would be no restocking until 2023. As much as I wanted to go through my local shop, I knew that this was probably my only chance; especially since I had heard nothing for 5 months now.

The guy also said that all the bikes were already assembled and, like direct-to-consumer brands, they simply remove the handlebars and front wheel to ship. The Di2 is also already to go and they would do a light tune up on the bike just to doublecheck everything before shipping it out. So I went ahead and placed my order and it is supposed to be delivered within 10 business days. I feel bad for not going with my local shop but in these weird days of supply issues, you have to be ready to pounce. I didn't want to wait who knows how long if the bike I've been looking for is available somewhere else right now.

So a big thank you to Caliwild for posting that photo and inspiring me to try just one more time to find that bike.
Likes For TennBent: