Old 07-27-22, 07:43 PM
TennBent

Bikes: BMC Roadmachine, Obed Baseline

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Caliwild
AWESOME! I'm happy you got your hands on one. Glad I made someone else spend some money .
Well, I already had it spent in my mind so may as well do it for real. I've been eagerly awaiting one of these since the local shop owner discussed BMC bikes in general and the Di2 specifically. I was a bit shy about the Di2 initially but he explained everything and told me that I would love it.

I actually needed a shorter BMC stem for my Roadmachine and found one online at Dialed Cycling Lab.
I'm glad you mentioned that. I will most likely need a shorter stem and was wondering where I could find one.

Anyway, I will say that the bike looks even better in person than it does online. And the new 12 speed Ultegra is probably some of the smoothest shifting I have ever experienced (I had an older version of Ultegra di2 and this is better).
Great to hear. I have been drooling over the photos of the bike for months now. If it looks even better and shifts like butter, I will feel much better about parting with a bunch of my money.

I think the only thing I will replace eventually are the wheels and tires. The stock aluminum wheels sure look nice but they're over 1700 grams and are the only parts keeping this bike from being a super bike... The new Ultegra C36 TL wheels would look great with the Ultegra groupset...
Those wheels would look good but that's more than I want to spend right now. Getting the bike was the important thing. I have a set of Hunt 34 Aero Wide alloy wheels with GP5000s on my soon-to-be backup bike that I will probably put on the BMC. I know some folks don't care for Hunts but these look good, run fast, and have been trouble-free even over rough roads. They are listed at 1548 grams so there will be a bit of savings over stock there. Other wheels can wait for a while and they would be more for looks than anything else. Even those Ultegra wheels are only 2 ounces lighter at 1488 grams.

Thanks again for giving me the motivation to check on one and also for the encouraging early report on the bike. I really think I'm going to love it. Hopefully, both of us will have many happy miles ahead.