MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10222 Post(s)
Liked 5,942 Times in 3,203 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
It was pretty normal compared to other rides. It was one of those weird days with a constant head wind, no matter what direction we went. I don’t really remember noticing the heat til near the end, but it def was affecting me.

Ill also add, I am terrible at eating and drinking when I am on rides. All my rides are on empty stomachs initially, usually eat my first snack at mile 30. Today was mile 40. Both bottles were filled with propel initially. First stop was at mile 45. One bottle was empty the other half. I dumped ot out and bought gatorade electrolyte water. Went another 40 miles before I stopped again. Both bottles were empty I felt light headed. Are a pay day, drank a whole gatorade and filled both bottles up. Rode another 30 miles and called it. I pulled the whole ride except for the last 5 miles. My pace had slowed to about 19 mph by this point my heart rate wasn’t elevated but I did feel weak like I had no power. My buddy Lee took over and at the point I knew I wouldn’t be able to make it back home. We had about another 20 miles to go before I was supposed to drop him off, and then I would have had 30 miles to get home. Hence 150.
Ugh. …and sometimes the bear hunts you.