Old 08-03-22, 08:17 PM
Sactown_Albert 

Bikes: 2017 Sage Skyline, 2015 Co-Motion Periscope Tandem, 2012 Soma Smoothie, 2006 Kona Jake, 1978 Richard Sachs, 1977 Peugeot UO18c, 1977 Peugeot PRN10, 1974 Allegro Schweitzermeister Model 76, 1972 Hugo Rickert Spezial, 1971 Fuji Finest

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 201 Posts
Sacramento Area C&V Rides on third Saturday Beginning in September

Colleagues,

Working with some of the local C & V community to get regular local rides going in the Sacramento area. We have a draft route for the September 17th ride and we are going to double check it in a week to make sure it is a suitable route. The start/end location is going to be the strip mall in Gold River adjacent to the American River Bike Trail. There is a large Starbucks, a few casual restaurants and a supermarket in the strip mall so it has a good infrastructure for a ride start. Locals can bike over to the ride start using the ARBT. The strip mall is on Sunrise Blvd so there is easy access from Highway 50 or Highway 80 for people who are driving in.

I have also started the Facebook group “Camellia City Vintage Lightweight Cycling Group” where I will simultaneously post ride information for our rides and other local vintage rides. I am doing this because there are some local C&V people who are not that active on BF. You are welcome to join that, too.

The draft route is about 27 miles and 900 feet of climbing. Social pace is the goal. We are taking into account our vintage bikes, and in many cases, our vintage bodies.

Drop me a note or respond in this thread if you are interested in being a part of this going forward.

Last edited by Sactown_Albert; 11-03-22 at 11:52 AM.