rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2699 Post(s)
Liked 5,974 Times in 3,063 Posts
Originally Posted by kahn
That why I only pedal in the urban areas around Seattle. No bears (like the attack at Lake Whatcom the other day on a jogger: https://www.cascadiadaily.com/news/2...njures-jogger/ ) but we do have bunny rabbits and coyotes and in the past two separate cougar events at good ol' Discovery Park where I both walked and biked yesterday and walked again this morning.

Actually, kidding, I just have been too lazy to put the bike on a rack and drive out your way.
The last thing I wanted to do was stimulate a pursuit response by looking like prey running away. So slowing down to a crawl where I could quickly stop probably made me look like demented prey. I know a grizzly can hit the low 30s but imagine a black bear could hit somewhere in the 20s. Don’t want to find out. The bear was sighted right next to my usual rest stop for food and drink and relaxing. No relaxing that day. Ate a couple of miles down the road.

Where I live we had a black bear mom and her cubs cross the front lawn and my wife spotted a cougar about 100 yards from our property. Bobcats and deer run and we only hear coyotes at night. Bunny rabbits are high on the local wildlife menu.

Used to live in Lake City and was amazed to see beaver cutting down trees building a lodge about 1/2 mile inland from Lk Wa.in a storm water retention pond with an outflow to the lake.

Last edited by rsbob; 08-06-22 at 10:20 PM.
Likes For rsbob: