View Single Post
Old 08-07-22, 01:55 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
Yes someone mentioned they bunny hopped it, I didn't even see it (was in the shade)
Roads with shady spots - especially irregular "dappled" shade - are the worst, especially fast downhills. They hide pot holes which can be treacherous for sure.

Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
this but unironically. Id rather be outclassed and attempt to keep up than chill with a more relaxed group unless I was riding with friends casually. Riding with faster people is a great way to get fast
That's probably true at some point in a person's cycling life. For me, I ride for exercise and fun. So, I like to pick people to ride with that (1) I can keep up with (and vice versa) with a reasonable effort so that we can have a fun pace line going and (2) people I know and trust so the referenced pace line is uneventful with regards to bone-headed maneuvers or mis-communication.

RE #1 - I do like to ride with a group that I have to work hard to keep up with maybe once a week to challenge myself and to push my fitness (but at my age, that really means slowing the downward slide). But if I get dropped by any particular group because they're just at a higher level than me, I don't consider re-joining them. Why would I arrange my schedule for a group ride just to ride alone after a few miles? I can do that any time and any place and enjoy myself much more. It just doesn't meet the primary "fun" criterion.

At this stage - and I think for most riders - getting "faster" is not a goal since we don't and never plan to race. Getting some exercise on our great machines and enjoy the ride is the goal.

Last edited by Camilo; 08-07-22 at 02:09 PM.