View Single Post
Old 08-07-22, 10:19 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Liked 1,212 Times in 769 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
both of us waited at a red light for like 2 minutes, and then there was a short striaght before a turnoff into a parking lot. Dude honks hard at me to get out of the way on the short straight, and after I do I catch up to him when he's trying to turn and cut him off, parking in front of him and confront him as to why he honked at me. A few words were exchanged before I let him go, but then I followed him to where he parked and made fun of him when he dropped his keys as he got out of the car. Told him it was karma.

Looking back my behavior was shameful and embarrassing but whatever. I just get weirdly heated at cars when im on my bike, ive never gotten into a fight or punched someone in my life, a pacifist to a fault, so this is not typical behavior from me.
I used to do sh.. stuff like that when I was young, but learned to be cooler as I got older. I do occasionally wave angrily at a stupid driver but never yell or flip the bird any more, let alone confront someone. If someone yells at me, I wave in a friendly way as if they said something friendly to me.

One realization I've had is that this stuff happens. It is just a fact of life. Cars do stupid and sometimes mean things. You have to understand that it will happen, predict, anticipate, and avoid it as much as possible. Be protecive and defensive.

BUT - also understand that attaching too much meaning to this stuff and allowing it to make you angry just makes your ride less enjoyable. Mess with their minds rather than get pissed off. Return stupid or mean things with a friendly wave.

Last edited by Camilo; 08-07-22 at 10:30 PM.