Old 08-08-22, 04:43 PM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3236 Post(s)
Liked 3,883 Times in 1,443 Posts
My only day 2 pics are sad ones. With temps topping 90 degrees, we were looking forward to the hotel pool in Corvallis. Sadly, we were met with this:

No, the water isn't crystal clear -- it's missing. On the wall, they had this solid piece of advice.

When I did this tour in winter in 2019, by the end of the first day I was considering hopping on a northbound train early. I didn't start feeling like I could make it until partway into day 3. This time around I felt much better, but I got off to a rough start on the third day. You know how some days you just feel like your brakes must be rubbing, or you've got a flat tire or something? That's how I felt at the start of day three. As I came to terms with the fact that I wasn't going to be able to keep up with the rest of the group, despite a complete lack of hills, I took a picture of them riding away.

After they stopped somewhere up the road to wait for me, it turned out that I did, in fact, have a slow leak in my rear tire that was starting to turn downright bouncy. I had just kind of assumed I was running out of steam. That may have been true too, but after an attempt to pump the tire up without repair failed, I did a proper change and felt much better after that. Here's a pic from our "second breakfast" stop on Sunday at the 99 Grill in Harrisburg (great place if you're even in the area).