View Single Post
Old 08-10-22, 06:33 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2340 Post(s)
Liked 5,188 Times in 1,821 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
I feel like the major factors that contribute to the Schwinn Peloton being relatively stiff compared to more classic frames is the tight geometry, OS tubing and the aluminum fork. I wouldn't call the bicycle uncomfortable but it's responsive nature definitely makes it less forgiving than typical lugged frames with standard diameter tubing.

-Gregory
I have to admit that even though I do yearn for another one of these frames I still have to admit that my Circuit was easy to let go. One size to small but I also just did not like that fork. I've had/have other 853 bikes and they are fine. If I did score another one of these as either a Peloton or Circuit the fork would get swapped. Sometimes bikes just don't work for us for whatever reason. To many things add up to how a bike feels under us to tie it to anything specific in my book.